For additional information:
Pre-Health 101, led by a Pre-Health advisor from the Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center, is an overview and discussion of preparation for common health and medicine related programs. Students who are interested in any and all healthcare professions should attend this meeting before scheduling an appointment with a pre-health advisor. We will discuss taking ownership of your educational choices, exploration of your chosen healthcare field outside the classroom, and the next steps of your journey towards a career in healthcare.
|Fri, 9/18, 1:15 pm-2:15 pm|
|Tue, 9/22, 11:00 am-12:00 pm|
|Fri, 10/2, 1:15 pm-2:15 pm|
|Tue, 10/13, 11:00 am-12:00 pm|
|Fri, 10/16, 1:15 pm-2:15 pm|
|Tue, 10/27, 11:00 am-12:00 pm|
|Fri, 11/6, 1:15 pm-2:15 pm|
|Tue, 11/10, 11:00 am-12:00 pm|
|Fri, 11/20, 1:15 pm-2:15 pm|
|Tue, 11/24, 11:00 am-12:00 pm|
|Fri, 12/4, 1:15 pm-2:15 pm|
|Tue, 12/8, 11:00 am-12:00 pm|
All sessions are held in G243 Angell Hall
1255 Angell Hall. Meet with LSA Academic Pre-health Advisors for 30 minute individual appointments. You may also discuss basic pre-health issues with any LSA general academic advisor. To schedule an appointment, call 734-764-0332.
Pre-Health Drop-in Advising
Expanded Pre-health Advisor Office Hours will be available every weekday, beginning February 8.
In order to make it easier for students to talk to a pre-health advisor, the Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center has added 2 new Pre-health Advisor Office Hours sessions. We now have 2-hour sessions each day, Monday - Friday.
- No appointment needed: simply walk in and stay as long as you like.
- You can ask your own questions or just listen to those asked by other students.
- All questions are welcome, whether they are very simple or very complicated.
- Bring questions you don’t mind asking in front of other students.
- The two new Monday and Friday sessions will begin on February 8. The Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday sessions are currently open to all interested students.
|Monday||11 AM - 1 PM||1255 Angell||Karishma Collette|
|Tuesday||5 PM - 7 PM||1255 Angell||David Brawn|
|Wednesday||1 PM - 3 PM||1255 Angell||Karishma Collette|
|Thursday||2 PM - 4 PM||Science Learning Center
(Chem Bldg) Alcove #5
|Friday||2:30 PM - 4:30 PM||1255 Angell||David Brawn|
*As of February 5, Dr. Peggy Zitek will become the Coordinator of Advising, Professional Development and Student Affairs in the Department of Molecular & lntegrative Physiology. She has generously committed to continue seeing students during her regular 2 - 4 Thursday afternoon sessions for the rest of the Winter 2016 term, however.
Pre-health Walk-in Advising
Walk-in advising is available at specific times of the term, when demand is high. To get a walk-in appointment, you simply show up at the Newnan Academic Advising Center in 1255 Angell Hall (ideally 15 minutes before the walk-in sessions start) and ask to have your name put on the list.
- Courses & Registration
- Wolverine Access Tutorials
- Academic Calendar
Knowing the Expectations for Your Degree
- Choosing a Major
- Pre-Health Info CTools Site
- Careers in Health Care
- Preparing for a Career in the Health Professions: Activities
- How, when, and where do I apply?
- Test Information
- Co-Curricular Activities: Exploring Health Care
- Workshops and Events
- Student Organizations
- The Career Center: Pre-Medicine
- Social Media
- Cross-Campus Transfers
- Transfer Student Programming