Pre-Law

Pre-Law at Michigan

The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts has no official prescribed Pre-Law major or program. This position is consistent with advice that we have repeatedly received from law school deans and it is reiterated by the American Bar Association. We encourage students to pursue a challenging undergraduate program that fosters critical thinking, logical reasoning and effective writing. Your academic efforts should be enriched by extracurricular activities that promote awareness of a broad range of social issues, develop your leadership skills and challenge you to creatively and collaboratively solve problems.  We look forward to working with you as you pursue your goal of attending law school. 

Law School Resource Guide    |   Pre-Law Events

Is law the right profession for me?

Career options and job prospects. 

What academic skills do I need to succeed?

Curriculum planning and skills essential to the study and practice of law.

What else should I do to prepare?

Preparing is about more than academics. 

When and where do I apply?

Timelines and Key resources.

How do I apply?

Application contents.

How do I pay for law school?

Cost of attendance, repayment options and budget tools.

Statistics

Data on applicants nationwide and data specific to U-M applicants.

Pre-law Advisors

Pre-Law Programming for 2015-2016

Pre-Law Walk-in Advising +

Walk-in advising is designed for quick discussions of recent LSAT scores and simple questions regarding your application.

Dates and Times - ARR. Contact the Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center, 734 764 0332

Personal Statement Workshops +

Learn what law schools are looking for in your personal statement and participate in writing exercises designed to help you write a strong and inspired essay.  (handout)

Friday, September 18th, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Newnan Advising Conference Room, G243 Angell Hall

Thursday, October 8th, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Newnan Advising Conference Room, G243 Angell Hall

Monday, October 26nd, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM, Newnan Advising Conference Room, G243 Angell Hall

Tuesday, November 3rd, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Newnan Advising Conference Room, G243 Angell Hall

Events Archive