Explore Asian Languages and Cultures
Why should you consider pursuing a major or a minor in Asian studies? How is Asian studies relevant to the world today and, therefore, a promising professional future? Representatives from ALC advising, all of ALC's languages, the Career Center, and study abroad will be present at the "Why Study Asian Studies?" information session on March 14. RSVP here to find the answer!
Information on our doctoral program, Fall 2014 application, and Rackham admissions.
ALC provides Chinese and Japanese language courses during the summer as part of SLI. Classes are open to both the community and UM-enrolled students.
- Korean Studies and the New Digital Classroom March 10, 2014
- Research by Aneel Karnani, associate professor of strategy, suggests that a Coca-Cola bottling plant in India has contributed to the depletion of local groundwater resources. Business Standard (India) February 27, 2014
- Aswin Punathambekar, associate professor of communication studies, was quoted in a Business Standard (India) article about extravagant Indian-American weddings in the U.S. February 21, 2014
- International Law Workshop: The Law of Being Japanese
Speaker: Hisashi Harata, Associate Professor, The University of Tokyo Faculty of Law
- 12:50 PM
- CCS Noon Lecture Series. "The Liberty Coerced by Limitation: Subtitling Independent Chinese Documentary"
Speaker: Akiyama Tamako, adjunct lecturer, Language Center, Rikkyo University
- 1:00 PM
- Boat over Troubled Waters: The Bhagavad Gita and Indian Nationalists, 1880-1947
Speaker: Richard Davis, Religion and Asian Studies Programs, Bard College
- 5:00 PM