Explore Asian Languages and Cultures
Why should you consider pursuing a major or a minor in Asian studies? How is Asian studies relevant to the world today and, therefore, a promising professional future? Representatives from ALC advising, all of ALC's languages, the Career Center, and study abroad will be present at the "Why Study Asian Studies?" information session on March 14. RSVP here to find the answer!
Information on our doctoral program, Fall 2014 application, and Rackham admissions.
ALC provides Chinese and Japanese language courses during the summer as part of SLI. Classes are open to both the community and UM-enrolled students.
- At UM, a look into a side of Pakistan few see--from the Toledo Blade April 16, 2014
- Lieberman discusses ‘multifaceted integration’ in Golden Apple lecture April 3, 2014
- Nam Center Graduate student Joo Young Lee Recognized! April 2, 2014
- UMSI Global Information Engagement Program Open Presentation Session
Speaker: Student project teams from UMSI
- CCS Noon Lecture Series. "Neither Donkey nor Horse: Medicine and the Struggle over China’s Modernity"
Speaker: Sean Hsiang-lin Lei, Inst. of Modern History, Academia Sinica, Taiwan; Inst. for Advanced Study, Princeton University
- Neither Donkey nor Horse: Medicine and the Struggle over China's Modernity
Speaker: Sean Hsiang-lin Lei, Institute of Modern History, Academia Sinica, Taiwan