COMPLIT 372 - Literature and Identity
Section: 001 Stories of Multicultural Identity
Term: WN 2020
Subject: Comparative Literature (COMPLIT)
Department: LSA Comparative Literature
Credits:
3
Requirements & Distribution:
HU
Waitlist Capacity:
unlimited
Consent:
With permission of instructor.
Repeatability:
May be repeated for a maximum of 6 credit(s). May be elected more than once in the same term.
Primary Instructor:

Who am I? How do I change across time and space? What do transformations of my body, family, social and cultural ties make of me? What do I make of my past? In this course we will seek fresh answers to these age-old questions by surveying contemporary novels and films that reflect on identity from multiple perspectives. We will look at how Armenians and Greeks who moved to the United States in the beginning of the 20th century coped with a traumatic past and across generations developed a layered and at times conflictual identities. We will enrich these reflections by exploring Native American and African American identity narratives as well as wonder how new perspectives on gender/sexuality and migration shape them. At the end of the day, the hope is to come up with flexible models with which to think the identity of identity!

COMPLIT 372 - Literature and Identity
Schedule Listing
001 (SEM)
P
33681
Open
14

-
TuTh 4:00PM - 5:30PM
The partner U-M / Barnes & Noble Education textbook website is the official way for U-M students to view their upcoming textbook or course material needs, whether they choose to buy from Barnes & Noble Education or not. Students also can view a customized list of their specific textbook needs by clicking a "View/Buy Textbooks" link in their course schedule in Wolverine Access.

Click the button below to view and buy textbooks for COMPLIT 372.001

View/Buy Textbooks
Syllabi are available to current LSA students. IMPORTANT: These syllabi are provided to give students a general idea about the courses, as offered by LSA departments and programs in prior academic terms. The syllabi do not necessarily reflect the assignments, sequence of course materials, and/or course expectations that the faculty and departments/programs have for these same courses in the current and/or future terms.

Click the button below to view historical syllabi for COMPLIT 372 (UM login required)

View Historical Syllabi
The Atlas system, developed by the Center for Academic Innovation, provides additional information about: course enrollments; academic terms and instructors; student academic profiles (school/college, majors), and previous, concurrent, and subsequent course enrollments.

CourseProfile (Atlas)