Our mission is to study and teach about the mass media and emerging media: their evolution, their effects, their uses by everyday people, and their regulation and industry practices. We are dedicated to cultivating a thorough-going media literacy among our students, and to producing cutting-edge scholarship about the media’s impact on individuals and society. We have a highly sought-after and rigorous undergraduate concentration, world-renowned faculty, a prestigious interdisciplinary Ph.D. program, and a large cohort of dedicated and successful alumni.
It has come to our attention that one or more individuals is using the Department of Communication Studies' name as part of a scam involving fundraising for a class trip. The Department does not engage in any sort of solicitation by students. If you have been approached with a solicitation or feel that you have been the victim of a crime, you are strongly encouraged to contact your local law enforcement agency. You may also contact Chris Gale, Department Administrator, at 734-763-1432.
- Students Tour Local 4 TV Station February 28, 2014
- Wolverines Around the World: Olympic Edition February 18, 2014
- In Brief June 6, 2013
- Department Launches New Curriculum February 1, 2013
- Sandvig to Investigate Games that Teach About Smart Infrastructure October 17, 2012
- Television Production Teams Work 9 – 5 Too and Matt Loved It September 27, 2012
- Prospective Student Briefing
- Alumni Connection
- 3:30 PM
- Howard R. Marsh Visiting Professor of Journalism Lecture
- 7:00 PM