CREES Graduate Programs
Click to learn about the REES M.A. and other offerings for graduate students
CREES Videos on YouTube
Many CREES videos are available on YouTube. Click the image above to be directed to the CREES channel. Photos by Peter Smith
Zamek Królewski, Kraków
CREES has long been invested in making The University of Michigan a center of Polish studies in North America
CREES is the Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies at the University of Michigan’s International Institute. A long-time recipient of U.S. Department of Education Title VI grants, the center currently awards US/ED-supported Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships. CREES is home to the Copernicus Program in Polish Studies, and works alongside the Center for European Studies and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies in association with the Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia.
- U-M Kaprálová Festival featured in Czech music journal Harmonie (in Czech) December 25, 2015
- Alumni panel to discuss Bosnia twenty years after peace agreement November 9, 2015
- Lecturer discusses post-Soviet corruption October 29, 2015
- Film. October/Ten Days that Shook the World.
- Film. Zvenigora.
- Film. The Love Triangle/Bed and Sofa.