· La Palestra del Littorio. L’Accademia della Farnesina: un esperimento di pedagogia totalitaria nell’Italia fascista (The Gym of the Lictor. The Farnesina Academy: An Experiment in Totalitarian Pedagogy in Fascist Italy). Milano: Franco Angeli, 2009.
ARTICLES AND ESSAYS PUBLISHED IN BOOKS:
· “Sport fascista e sport cattolico durante il Ventennio” (“Fascist and Catholic Sport During the Fascist Dictatorship”), Gedda e lo sport (Gedda and Sport), edited by Ernesto Preziosi, Molfetta: La Meridiana, 2011, 29-42.
· “Volare necesse est. The Young Italian Fascists and the Conquest of the Sky,” European Studies in Sports History, vol. 3, 2011.
· “La formazione degli insegnanti di educazione fisica nel ventennio fascista” (“The Training for the Teachers of Physical Education during the Fascist Dictatorship”), Lancillotto e Nausicaa, November 2009, 36-47.
· “Die Führerschaftsausbildung in der Hitlerjugend und in den Italienischen Jugendorganisationen” (“The Education of the Instructors and Leaders of the Hitler Youth and of the Italian Fascist Youth Organizations”), Quellen und Forschungen aus italienischen Archiven und Bibliotheken 1 (2009), 489-511.
· “L’Accademia della Farnesina: un esperimento di pedagogia totalitaria nell’Italia fascista (1927-1943)” (“The Farnesina Academy: An Experiment in Totalitarian Pedagogy in Fascist Italy, 1927-1943”), Mondo contemporaneo 1 (2008), 35-66.
· “A Forgotten Story: The Training for the Teachers of Physical Education in Italy during the Fascist Period”, Sport in Society 1 (2008), 44-58.
· “Corpo e anima: sport e modello virile nella formazione dei giovani fascisti e dei giovani cattolici nell’Italia degli anni Trenta (1931-1938)”, (“Body and Soul: Sport and Manly Model in the Education of Young Fascists and Young Catholics in Italy during the Thirties”), Mondo contemporaneo 3 (2005), 51-104.
· “Balilla and Hitlerjungen as Ambassadors of Fascist and Nazi Regimes,” March 23, 2012, German Historical Institute, Washington DC; March 28, 2012, University of Connecticut; April 20, 2012, Boston College.
· “Believe. Obey. Fight. How Fascism Worked to Create a New Italian,” paper presented at the Social History Society's annual conference, March-April 2010, University of Glasgow (UK).
· “The Italian Fascist Youth Organizations,” paper presented at the special conference, “State Youth Organizations and Youth Organizations of the German Minorities in South East Europe”, December 2009, University of Pécs (Hungary).
· “Instructors and Leaders of the Hitler Youth and of the Italian Fascist Youth Organizations,” October 2007, DHI, Rome.
· Newhouse Center for Humanities (Wellesley College), September 2011-June 2012.
· Institute for Advanced Study (School of Historical Studies), Princeton (January-August 2011).
· Institut für Europäische Geschichte, Mainz (Germany), September 2006-October 2007.