Honors Academic Board

Members of the Honors Academic Board are authorized by the Faculty Code to help Honors students individualize their programs of study and may, in some cases, grant exceptions to College academic policies and degree requirements. (Note: Joint Honors/Residential College students must submit all petitions to the Residential College Board on Academic Standing rather than the Honors Academic Board.) A student may discuss such matters with a board member and, if necessary, petition in writing for a waiver or modification of College rules. Exceptions to College policies may be granted if a student presents evidence of unusual circumstances or proposes an alternative program of study that is consistent with the spirit of the standard College requirements.


What Requires Honors Academic Board Petition?

How Do I Request Honors Academic Board Consideration?

When Will I Hear Back Regarding the Board's Decision?