The Kelsey Museum offers three rooms in Newberry Hall to rent for a variety of events--from meetings and receptions to served dinners and luncheons. For an additional fee the Museum galleries can be opened for viewing during events, or rooms can be rented individually.
- Click here for floor plans showing possible furniture arrangements.
- Room 125 seats 75 people lecture style or 48 at 60” rounds for lunch/dinner.
Seats 30 in a square of 8 6-foot tables (713 sq. ft.).
- Room 124 seats 48 people at 60” rounds for lunch/dinner (727 sq. ft).
- Room 148 seats 45 people lecture style or 24 in a square of 6 6-foot tables (389 sq. ft.).
- The three rooms together can accommodate 200 for a stand-up reception.
- 12 60” round tables.
- 120 folding chairs.
- 10 6-foot rectangular tables.
- Audio visual equipment (contact the Museum for details).
- All rentals for 4 hours minimum.
- $300 to rent galleries outside of regular hours.
- An additional $50 per hour gallery rental fee for events over 4 hours.
- Set up and clean up time must be included for all rentals.
An additional rental charge of $29 per hour will be assessed after the initial 4 hours.
- University of Michigan Department Rentals
- Non-University of Michigan Rentals
A loading dock for delivery of food and caterer parking is located on the north side of the Maynard Street entrance.
All food delivery should arrive through that entrance and be covered/sealed.
- No food or drink is permitted in the William E. Upjohn Exhibit Wing.
- No candles may be used.
- No decoration may be applied to walls or fixtures in the rooms.
- All food refuse must be removed from the building at the end of the event.
(Garbage and recycling dumpsters are available in the loading dock area.)
- All rentals provided by outside vendors for the event must be picked up at the end of the event (tables, chairs, linens, dishes) or an additional charge may be applied.
- Alcohol may be served in accordance with University policies.
For more information, please contact Dawn Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 734.764.9295.