Bluebird or a Blue Bird?
August 5, 2013
How do you know when two adjacent words should be a compound word and when they should remain separate? LSA English Professor Anne Curzan examines how we can easily hear when two words should become compound, but reveals that spelling these combinations is often anything but simple.
To view more language lessons, click here.
Video production by Natalie Condon and Chloe Hill.
TAGS: spin the cube, video, faculty, language lessons
- Detroit from the Ground Up
- The Trees of Tree Town
- A Name in the Game
- Bridging Opportunity and Achievement
- Fashion Statement
- Diego Rivera and “Detroit’s Sistine Chapel”
- National Arab Orchestra Hits the Right Note
- Black Lives Matter: Context and Collaboration
- Best of All Worlds
LSA TODAY ARCHIVES