Apply directly to the Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology program through the Rackham Graduate School online application.
Application Deadline: January 5.
The application fee must be paid online for your application to be accepted.
Application must include the following:
- Completed application form
- Statement of Purpose — A precise, concise description of your background and career goals, and a detailed description of prior research experience
- GRE — Scores from the general test only; institutional code 1839, department code 0203
- Recommendations — Three (3) letters of recommendation from professors or others qualified to evaluate your potential for graduate research
- Transcripts — Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- TOEFL scores MUST be supplied by international applicants from non-English speaking undergraduate programs; institutional code 1839, department code 35
Application evaluations and Interviews:
All aspects of the applications will be considered carefully by at least 3 MCDB faculty members.
We will invite top candidates for interviews
For students in the US, this will involve an all-expenses paid visit to our campus on Feb 11-13, 2016. (Feb. 18-20 is our alternative weekend).
For students in China, we will have in-person interviews in Beijing and Shanghai between Jan 18-22, 2016.
For other overseas students, we will schedule Skype interviews with faculty and students between Feb 7-20, 2016.
General queries about your application:
Rackham Graduate School
For specific MCDB questions:
MCDB Graduate Coordinator
Program In Biomedical Sciences (PIBS)
Another way to apply is use the Rackham admissions link to apply through the Program in Biomedical Sciences (PIBS) administered by UM Medical School. PIBS is an interdisciplinary program that coordinates admissions and first-year graduate studies for 14 doctoral programs. MCDB does not accept international students through PIBS. International students must apply directly to the MCDB Graduate Program (see above.)
See the PIBS website for information. Deadline is December 1.