Prospective Graduate Students must submit a variety of materials as part of the application process.
Application Deadline: January 5.
All applications are submitted online.
Go to http://www.rackham.umich.edu/prospective-students/admissions. Then follow the directions to submit your application. If you are applying directly to the MCDB department (not through PIBS), you will find our department under the letter "M" for the non-PIBS selection.
The application fee must be paid online for your application to be accepted.
Application must include the following:
- Form — the completed application form
- Statement of Purpose — A precise, concise description of your background and career goals; a detailed description of any research experience is strongly recommended
- GRE — Scores from the general test only; institutional code 1839, department code 0203
- Recommendations — Three (3) letters of recommendation from those who can evaluate your academic and scientific potential
- Transcripts — Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- TOEFL scores MUST be supplied by international applicants from non-English speaking undergraduate programs. (minimum of 560 or 220 computer-based); institutional code 1839, department code 35
For questions regarding your application, please contact:
Rackham Graduate School
For departmental questions, please contact:
MCDB Graduate Coordinator