Welcome to the MLC
What’s a Michigan Learning Community?
MLCs are self-selected groups of students and faculty, often from diverse backgrounds, drawn together by shared goals and common intellectual interests. Those interests can range from community service to cutting-edge research and from mathematics to communication arts.
The Best of Both Worlds
Michigan Learning Communities (MLC) combine the personal attention of a small college environment with the unparalleled resources of a large research university. Be a part of a friendly, supportive, and intellectually stimulating community while you take advantage of everything the larger Michigan campus has to offer.
Open to all freshmen
Health Sciences Scholars Program
Lloyd Hall Scholars Program
Michigan Community Scholars Program
Michigan Research Community
Women In Science and Engineering
Open to LSA students only
Open to all sophomores, juniors, and seniors
Global Scholars Program
Max Kade German Residence Program
Comprehensive Studies Program
Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program
- Artist in Residence Liz Magnes, Improvisation Pianist
- Soundscapes of Childhood: A Celebration of the Healing Arts of Nature
- 5:00 PM
- Screening of "Toilet Training: Law and Order in the Bathroom"
- 9:30 PM
- RCSSCI 360 (Transgender Politics and Community Activism): Film Screening and Discussion, "Toilet Training: Law and Order in the Bathroom"
- 09:30 PM
- Come learn about Environmental Activism with ENVIRON/RC 390: Citizenship in a Republic!
- Student Photography End of Term Show
04/18/2014 - 04/20/2014;
- 5:00 PM