Each Career Guide highlights curriculum requirements, as well as skills and abilities that may be developed and applied through each course of study. To complement the academic information, a range of interesting occupational opportunities are listed as a starting point for considering how academic experiences may translate to professional work settings. The Career Guide series represents a collaborative effort between The Career Center and numerous academic units.
The Academic Program Manager and members of the Faculty Steering Committee that designed the major share responsibility for major advising. Students who are interested in the Informatics major should consult with an Academic Advisor in the Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center during their freshman year and are strongly encouraged to meet with a department advisor early in their academic career. To make an appointment with a department advisor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note. It is not necessary to complete all prerequisite courses prior to declaring an Informatics major.
Informatics Faculty Steering Committee
- Mary Lou Dorf, Computer Science and Engineering
- Ben Hansen, Associate Professor, Statistics
- Anuj Kumar, Associate Professor, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology
- Atul Prakash, Professor, Computer Science & Engineering
The Informatics Student Organization is dedicated to the advancement and development of society by engaging in projects that consider new approaches to dealing with contemporary, societal problems. Through the developing field of information science, we will attempt to apply our collective knowledge to innovation.
Kappa Theta Pi is the Informatics Professional Fraternity at the U-M
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising in the College
- Course Selection & Scheduling
- Faculty and Their Specializations
- Study Abroad
- Transfer Information
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative