Not a concentration program.
Undergraduates may pursue Japanese Studies through the Asian Studies concentration or an academic minor of the Department of Asian Languages and Cultures (see links above).
Japanese Studies (CJS) Award - William P. Malm Award for Outstanding Student Writing in Japanese Studies
The William P. Malm Award for Outstanding Student Writing in Japanese Studies honors Professor Emeritus William P. Malm, a long-time faculty member of the Center for Japanese Studies, the leading ethnomusicologist of Japan and one of the founders of the field of ethnomusicology in the United States.
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising in the College
- Course Selection & Scheduling
- Faculty and Their Specializations
- Study Abroad
- Transfer Information
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative