Frequently Asked Questions

• null
  • null
  • null
  • null

For general scholarship requirement information, visit HERE.

How and when do I thank the donor of my scholarship?

• You will receive an email with a link and instructions to complete a donor thank you survey.

What if I want to study abroad?

• If you choose a study abroad program through the UM Center for Global and Intercultural Studies (CGIS), your scholarship can be used for expenses to cover the program. Please visit the CGIS website here for a complete list of study abroad programs available. If you choose a program not offered through CGIS, the scholarship cannot be used.

What if I want to transfer to the Business School/College of Engineering/etc. Will my scholarship transfer?

• If you accept an LSA scholarship, it is only effective during the time you are enrolled in the College of LSA. Therefore, if you transfer to another school or college, you will no longer be eligible to receive an LSA Scholarship.
  • If you plan to dual enroll, please see the Scholarship Requirements page section on Multiple Dependent Degree Programs.

What if I need to take time off from school?

• Students receiving 4-year scholarships from the College of LSA may choose not to enroll for an academic term while still retaining their LSA Scholarship. However, scholarships do not carry forward and scholarship eligibility for the term that the student is not enrolled will be forfeited. These restrictions do not apply to students who have taken a leave from school because of a medical condition.
  • If you will be withdrawing from classes for any reason, please contact the Scholarship Office, Erica Gehringer via email at ericageh@umich.edu as soon as possible.

What if my GPA falls below the minimum requirement?

• If you receive a four-year scholarship and your GPA falls below a 3.0, contact Katherine Weathers, the LSA Scholarship Coordinator, at weatherk@umich.edu or 734-615-0660 to set up an appointment to discuss your situation. Please fill out the Scholarship Evaluation Form below prior to meeting with Katherine.

Scholarship Evaluation Form (PDF)

College of Literature, Science, and the Arts 500 S. State Street, Ann Arbor, MI  48109 © 2016 Regents of the University of Michigan