For students going through non-Michigan programs, please consult the International Center's checklist for studying abroad to better understand your pre-departure process.
The University of Michigan provides a secure website within Wolverine Access for faculty, staff and students to record travel plans and contact information. The Registry is a convenient, one-stop service that supports emergency communications and access to University approved travel abroad health insurance. In accordance with U-M’s International Travel Policy, SPG 601.31 (PDF), University faculty, staff, and students are required to register their international travel plans when traveling for University-related purposes.
This International Travel Policy applies to faculty, staff, and all students traveling outside of the United States of America for University-related purposes, which may include but are not limited to study, research, internships, service, conferences, presentations, teaching, performances, or athletic competitions. Schools, colleges, or business units may have additional policies and procedures that support this overall policy.
This International Travel Policy outlines the University’s requirements with regard to the University’s policy subject to:
- the University Travel Registry
- travel abroad health insurance
- emergency evacuation insurance
- University Travel Warnings or University Travel Restrictions
- international travel involving student groups.
A summary chart of these requirements may be viewed at global.umich.edu/uploads/policy-summary.pdf.
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising in the College
- Course Selection & Scheduling
- Faculty and Their Specializations
- Study Abroad
- Transfer Information
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative