Welcome to UMBS
Our students use the northern Great Lakes region as their classroom. They learn about the world by spending each day immersed in it. By visiting habitats, collecting samples and observing interactions students face and become adept at addressing challenges a lab can’t begin to replicate.
And they do it side by side with friends and faculty in a highly interactive community. Students and researchers spend each day talking, dining, and relaxing with each other. Ideas are exchanged over ice cream. These relationships are as important to advancing scientific knowledge as our research.
Through these interactions, participants become flexible thinkers and creative analysts – just the kind of people the world needs to address our most pressing global problems.
We're Still Enrolling for SP/SU Classes
We do not have an enrollment deadline for classes; we are still accepting applications. View our list of courses here.
Our financial aid deadline for priority review has passed. However, we can still consider requests for need-based aid, also on a rolling basis.
- 20-Year Vision for UMBS Features Diversity, Sustainability and Outreach March 9, 2015
- The Latest on Northern Michigan's "Coywolves" from UMBS's Phil Myers March 5, 2015
- MTU Grad Joins Station Staff as Chemist February 27, 2015
- Orientation for 2015 Students
- 07:30 PM
- 2 for 1 LECTURE: Currents in the Straits of Mackinac AND Weather during the Edmund Fitzgerald Storm of Nov. 10, 1975
- Discovery Day
- 04:00 PM