Welcome to Anthropology!
We are a dynamic four-field intellectual community formed by faculty and students in a mutual quest to understand the human condition in all its variety, past and present. The questions we explore are many. Some have persisted through over a century of anthropological inquiry, some have been refined or altered as a result of anthropological work, and some have emerged recently along with changing world conditions and new intellectual debates.
Graduate Program Admissions Deadline
The Michigan Anthropology Graduate Program application deadline is December 15, 2015. More information is available at: Prospective Students
- Abigail Bigham cited in LA Times July 14, 2014
- Kelly Askew interviewed by RadioBlau Leipzig July 11, 2014
- Jason De Leon's photo camp for kids highlighted in Tucson Daily Star June 27, 2014
- UMMA Brown Bag: "Finding Archaeological Sites on Submerged Landscapes in the Great Lakes Basin" - Lisa Sonnenburg
- 1:00 PM
- IRWG Lecture: "Caught in the Cross-Publics of the 'Muslimwoman'" - Lila Abu-Lughod
- 6:00 PM
- CREES Lecture: "Natural Materials and the Matter of Nation in Hungarian Home Decorating" - Krisztina Fehérváry
- 1:30 PM