Welcome to Anthropology!
We are a dynamic four-field intellectual community formed by faculty and students in a mutual quest to understand the human condition in all its variety, past and present. The questions we explore are many. Some have persisted through over a century of anthropological inquiry, some have been refined or altered as a result of anthropological work, and some have emerged recently along with changing world conditions and new intellectual debates.
Graduate Program Admissions Deadline
The Michigan Anthropology Graduate Program application deadline is December 15th. More information is available at: Prospective Students
The Roy A. Rappaport Lectures: Making the Dead Modern by Erik Mueggler
The Department of Anthropology is pleased to announce The Roy A. Rappaport Lectures series in Winter, 2015.
More information is available at The Roy A. Rappaport Lectures: “Making the Dead Modern” by Erik Mueggler
- Thom Chivens is a recipient of 2014 LSA Excellence in Concentration Advising Award. October 16, 2014
- Jatin Dua co-authors opinion piece in Aljazeera America September 24, 2014
- Jacinta Beehner and David Pappano co-authored paper on Gelada baboons highlighted September 24, 2014
- History of Art Graduate Symposium: “On Absence: Loss and Immateriality in Art and Architecture”
- 6:00 PM
- 4 Field Colloquium: "Landscapes of Early States and Empires in Mesopotamia" - Jason Ur
- 4 Field Colloquium: Anne Stone