Welcome to Anthropology!
We are a dynamic four-field intellectual community formed by faculty and students in a mutual quest to understand the human condition in all its variety, past and present. The questions we explore are many. Some have persisted through over a century of anthropological inquiry, some have been refined or altered as a result of anthropological work, and some have emerged recently along with changing world conditions and new intellectual debates.
Find Us On Facebook
- Recent study by Milford Wolpoff and Michigan Anthropology alum Adam Van Arsdale mentioned in The Telegraph October 25, 2013
- John Kingston's work mentioned in Science October 24, 2013
- Erik Mueggler is the recipient of the 2013 Julian Steward Award October 2, 2013
- Four Field Colloquium: Before the Gold Rush: Prehistoric Metallurgy and the Politics of Value in the Volga-Ural Steppes
Speaker: Dr. David Peterson, Idaho State University
- EHAP Lecture Series: Alison Brooks
- EHAP Lecture Series: Herman Pontzer