Explore Asian Languages and Cultures
Congratulations goes to Jiaxin Huang and Elise Huerta for receiving prestigious awards for their Honors theses this year. Jiaxin was honored with the Marshall Sahlins Social Sciences Award and Elise was recognized with the Virginia L. Voss Memorial Award. Learn more about the ALC Honors Program by talking with a department advisor.
Information on our doctoral program, Fall 2015 application, and Rackham admissions.
- Nam Center K-12 programs featured in Detroit Teacher September 12, 2014
- $1.15M Grant Creates Research Program at U-M for Thai Nurses August 13, 2014
- Exploring Research in Indonesia, from Architecture to Health August 6, 2014
- CJS Noon Lecture Series: Ritual Song in Heian Japan: Shomyo and Shirabyoshi
Speaker: Makiko Sakurai, Songwriter/Vocalist (Tendai Ohara Chant)/Performer (Shirabyoshi Dance)
- CJS: Ritual Song in Heian Japan: Shomyo and Shirabyoshi
Speaker: Makiko Sakurai
- CSAS Scholarly Lecture Series: Feminist Trajectories in the History of Thought: Perspectives from India
Speaker: Mary John, Center for Women's Development Studies