Explore Asian Languages and Cultures
Congratulations goes to Jiaxin Huang and Elise Huerta for receiving prestigious awards for their Honors theses this year. Jiaxin was honored with the Marshall Sahlins Social Sciences Award and Elise was recognized with the Virginia L. Voss Memorial Award. Learn more about the ALC Honors Program by talking with a department advisor.
Information on our doctoral program, Fall 2015 application, and Rackham admissions.
- IMRA America celebrates 25 years with a gift to CJS August 17, 2015
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO AUG 21 for the 2015 Nam Center Professional Development Workshop for Educators August 13, 2015
- Nam Center hosts students from Korea in the Summer in Michigan Program in English Language August 10, 2015
- CSAS Lecture Series | Talking Pictures, Noisy Audiences: Early Sound Cinema in South Asia
Speaker: Madhumita Lahiri, Assistant Professor of English, University of Michigan
- CSAS Lecture Series | An Ordinary Election Film Screening
Speaker: Lalit Vachani, Independent Filmmaker
- Nam Center Colloquium Series | Korean Wave in Latin America: K-pop Reception and Participatory Fan Culture
Speaker: Wongjung Min, Assistant Professor, Department of History & Asian Studies Center, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile