Our mission is to study and teach about the mass media and emerging media: their evolution, their effects, their uses by everyday people, and their regulation and industry practices. We are dedicated to cultivating a thorough-going media literacy among our students, and to producing cutting-edge scholarship about the media’s impact on individuals and society. We have a highly sought-after and rigorous undergraduate concentration, world-renowned faculty, a prestigious interdisciplinary Ph.D. program, and a large cohort of dedicated and successful alumni.
To our recent alums: Your career may be just starting, but your University of Michigan degree will continue to open doors for you along the way. And it can open doors for others, too, helping them become Victors in a world that needs leaders, thinkers, and communicators like never before. So welcome to Communications Studies’ dot.COMM campaign. The “dot” stands for small and COMM, well, that’s self-explanatory! We want there to be a fund where no amount is too small and you can feel great about participating in yet another aspect of that great Go Blue spirit.
Supporting the dot.COMM initiative means you’re giving to a fund for student support, especially the department's internship program, where students who could not otherwise afford to undertake an unpaid internship get a small stipend from the department to help, or the Fund for Academic Excellence, which helps support our COMM GSIs. Even $5 or $10 gifts will have a powerful impact. We want our department to be a leader (and best!) in showing that recent alums can be involved in giving.
We are delighted to announce that Ken Davidoff (COMM/English, 1993) has given the first gift to dot.COMM because he believes internships are such an important part of a student’s education.
Thank you for giving back. The world needs Victors!
- Entertainment Media Career Forum Panelist: Dana Narens November 10, 2014
- Entertainment Media Career Forum Panelist: Erwin Burns November 7, 2014
- Entertainment Media Career Forum Panelist: Jacquelyn Ryan November 6, 2014
- Entertainment Media Career Forum Panelist: Rachel Sparr November 5, 2014
- Entertainment Media Career Forum Panelist: Tony Pachella November 5, 2014
- First Annual Communication Studies Fall Convocation 2014 September 26, 2014
- Communication Studies 2015 Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony