Tappan UMMA Panorama
Stephen Allee, curator at the Freer-Sackler museum in Washington DC, talks to Prof. Martin Powers' class about Chinese paintings.
Professor Raymond Silverman (R) with Yaw Amankwa, a master brasscaster from Krofrom, Ghana
The Visual Resources Collections staff assists with the image needs of the History of Art and wider university community.
Expand Your Worldview
Here we take a global and multicultural perspective to studying images and objects. Rigorous, cutting-edge, and inspiring, our program emphasises critical thinking, in-depth study, and an interdisciplinary curriculum. We invite you to learn more about History of Art and how it can transform your world.
Claire Zimmerman's co-curated New Brutalist Image 1949-1955 at Tate Britain
Thinking About a Concentration in Art History?
Watch our video, "How to Look at the World," featuring U-M alumni talking about their art history degrees.
- Alex Potts on "Art as Protest" in the Brooklyn Rail July 9, 2015
- Digitizing the Sinai Archive July 9, 2015
- Graduate student Antje Gamble curates Mine More Coal exhibition as part of Mellon fellowship June 18, 2015
- "Murasaki and Metaphysics"
Speaker: Melissa McCormick, Harvard University
- Douglas Fordham Lecture
Speaker: Douglas Fordham
- 2015 History of Art Symposium: The Things You Own End Up Owning You: Art in the 1990s