Tappan UMMA Panorama
Stephen Allee, curator at the Freer-Sackler museum in Washington DC, talks to Prof. Martin Powers' class about Chinese paintings.
Professor Raymond Silverman (R) with Yaw Amankwa, a master brasscaster from Krofrom, Ghana
The Visual Resources Collections staff assists with the image needs of the History of Art and wider university community.
Expand Your Worldview
Here we take a global and multicultural perspective to studying images and objects. Rigorous, cutting-edge, and inspiring, our program emphasises critical thinking, in-depth study, and an interdisciplinary curriculum. We invite you to learn more about History of Art and how it can transform your world.
- Megan Holmes wins College Art Association Charles Rufus Morey Book Award December 17, 2014
- Claire Zimmerman co-curates New Brutalist Image 1949-1955 at Tate Britain December 17, 2014
- Pearls of Wisdom exhibition featured in Islamic Arts magazine December 17, 2014
- U-M History of Art Departmental Reception at CAA 2015
- Ken Tadashi Oshima Lecture
Speaker: Ken Tadashi Oshima, associate professor, University of Washington
- Inka Visual Culture
Speaker: Carolyn Dean, University of California, Santa Cruz