Tappan UMMA Panorama
Stephen Allee, curator at the Freer-Sackler museum in Washington DC, talks to Prof. Martin Powers' class about Chinese paintings.
Professor Raymond Silverman (R) with Yaw Amankwa, a master brasscaster from Krofrom, Ghana
The Visual Resources Collections staff assists with the image needs of the History of Art and wider university community.
Expand Your Worldview
Here we take a global and multicultural perspective to studying images and objects. Rigorous, cutting-edge, and inspiring, our program emphasises critical thinking, in-depth study, and an interdisciplinary curriculum. We invite you to learn more about History of Art and how it can transform your world.
- Joan Kee curates From All Sides: Tansaekhwa on Abstraction at LA gallery October 6, 2014
- Raymond Silverman publishes Museums as Process: Translating Local and Global Knowledges October 2, 2014
- Christiane Gruber publishes The Image of the Prophet between Ideal and Ideology September 5, 2014
- Michael W. Meister lecture: Temples as Yoga
Speaker: Michael W. Meister
- Tappan Talks
Speaker: Lehti Keelman and Alice Sullivan
- 2014 History of Art Honors Symposium