Welcome to the University of Michigan History Department. Please explore our website to learn about our graduate programs (including three joint degree programs), opportunities for undergraduates, and the wide variety of courses offered. The research fields of the ninety faculty members illustrate the exceptional breadth and depth of the department. If you have questions not answered here, please email email@example.com.
- Howard Markel blogs at PBS NEWSHOUR about President Harry Truman's "universal" national health care insurance program. November 19, 2014
- Tom Green (Professor Emeritus, History and Law) is awarded the Joyce Medal from the American Society of Legal History. November 12, 2014
- Two History seniors nominated for 2015 Mitchell and Marshall Scholarships. September 25, 2014
- EIHS Lecture: "On the Apotheosis of the Typewriter and the Xenogenesis of Chinese"
Speaker: Thomas S. Mullaney,
Stanford University 12/04/2014; 04:00 PM - 06:00 PM
- EIHS Workshop: "Translating Bodies / Transfiguring Knowledge"
- 02:00 PM
- EIHS Lecture
Speaker: Sueann Caulfield,
University of Michigan 01/08/2015; 04:00 PM - 06:00 PM