Welcome to the University of Michigan History Department. Please explore our website to learn about our graduate programs (including three joint degree programs), opportunities for undergraduates, and the wide variety of courses offered. The research fields of the ninety faculty members illustrate the exceptional breadth and depth of the department. If you have questions not answered here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anne Berg, Philip Deloria, Gabrielle Hecht and Nancy Rose Hunt among winners of Global Midwest project grants. January 23, 2015
- Matt Lassiter comments on President Obama's legacy for New York Magazine. January 15, 2015
- Joel Howell has been trending for a study of Beethoven's irregular heartbeat. January 13, 2015
- EIHS Lecture: "Matter of Contention: Relics of the Biblical Past Between Jews and Christians in Late Antiquity"
Speaker: Ra'anan Boustan,
University of California, Los Angeles 01/29/2015; 04:00 PM - 06:00 PM
- EIHS Workshop: "Absent Matter"
- 02:00 PM
- EIHS Lecture: "Partus Sequitur Ventrem: Slave Law and the History of Women in Slavery"
Speaker: Jennifer L. Morgan,
New York University 02/05/2015; 04:00 PM - 06:00 PM