Welcome to the University of Michigan History Department. Please explore our website to learn about our graduate programs (including three joint degree programs), opportunities for undergraduates, and the wide variety of courses offered. The research fields of the ninety faculty members illustrate the exceptional breadth and depth of the department. If you have questions not answered here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ronald Suny and Tiya Miles named Distinguished University Professors. June 22, 2015
- Juan Cole quoted in Al Jazeera America regarding US military trainers sent to Iraq. June 22, 2015
- Katheryn (Kate) Johnson awarded the 2015 Alfred G. Meyer Prize for distinguished undergraduate research and writing in Russian, East European and European Studies. June 3, 2015
- EIHS Lecture: "Big Cities, Food, and Migration in the Later Roman Empire: A Simple Model"
Speaker: Raymond Van Dam, University of Michigan
- EIHS Symposium: "Senses and Longings: An Introduction"
- EIHS Lecture: "The 'Desire of Deeds': Sensuality, Nostalgia, and the Emotional Affects of Medieval Documentation"
Speaker: Carol Symes, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign