Welcome to the University of Michigan History Department. Please explore our website to learn about our graduate programs (including three joint degree programs), opportunities for undergraduates, and the wide variety of courses offered. The research fields of the ninety faculty members illustrate the exceptional breadth and depth of the department. If you have questions not answered here, please email email@example.com.
- History mourns Professor David Bien (Department chair, 1973-75). September 28, 2015
- History community mourns the sudden passing of Ahmad Rahman (PhD 2006). September 24, 2015
- Heather Ann Thompson quoted in The Atlantic in a story about the effect of incarceration on black families during the past 50 years. September 16, 2015
- Digital History Workshop: Web Publishing
Speaker: Greg Parker, EIHS Administrator
- EIHS Lecture: "Lives and Afterlives of 'El Negro Raúl': Racial Stories in Twentieth-Century Argentina"
Speaker: Paulina L. Alberto, University of Michigan
- ASP Lecture: Exercising, Competing, and Having Fun: Sports in Late Ottoman Bolis
Speaker: Murat Yildiz, 2015-16 Manoogian Post-doctoral Fellow