Explore the diverse genres, media, and politics of life storytelling.
Embrace challenging topics.
Engage the undergraduate mind.
Energize the arts.
Investigate the latest on digital humanities.
Strengthen faculty and graduate student research.
The Institute for the Humanities is a center for innovative, collaborative study in the humanities and arts. Each year we provide fellowships for Michigan faculty, graduate students, and visiting scholars who work on interdisciplinary projects. We also offer a wide array of public and scholarly events, including weekly talks, public lectures, conferences, art exhibits, and performances.
- Students: Register to present research at the Global Health Symposium October 31, 2014
- Institute for the Humanities calls for proposals for new undergraduate student academic interest groups July 31, 2014
- Former fellow Uwem Akpan writes "Spain '82: My First World Cup" for The New Yorker blog July 9, 2014
- Diary of a Teenage Girl: Pop-Up Exhibition by Phoebe Gloeckner
11/17/2014 - 12/19/2014;
- Eleven Years
An exhibition by Jen Davis 11/24/2014 - 01/09/2015; 9:00AM - 5:00PM
- Author's Forum Presents:The Infintesimals: A Conversation with Laura Kasischke and Megan Levad
Speaker: Laura Kasischke and Megan Levad
- 7:00 PM