Explore the diverse genres, media, and politics of life storytelling.
Embrace challenging topics.
Engage the undergraduate mind.
Energize the arts.
Investigate the latest on digital humanities.
Strengthen faculty and graduate student research.
The Institute for the Humanities is a center for innovative, collaborative study in the humanities and arts. Each year we provide fellowships for Michigan faculty, graduate students, and visiting scholars who work on interdisciplinary projects. We also offer a wide array of public and scholarly events, including weekly talks, public lectures, conferences, art exhibits, and performances.
Check out our new series featuring the work of our fellows.
Encounters Across the Americas: Archives, Technologies, Methods 1st Biennial Conference of IABA-Americas Chapter
At the University of Michigan June 4-7, 2015.
Ramiro Gomez Trailer
- Asaf Peres: What I'm Working on This Week June 25, 2015
- Melanie Yergeau: What I'm Reading This Week June 19, 2015
- Bonnie Washick: What I'm Reading This Week June 11, 2015
- Author's Forum Presents: Broadcasting Modernity: Cuban Commercial Television, 1950-1960: A Conversation with Yeidy Rivero and Silvia Pedraza
- Author's Forum Presents: Photographic Architecture in the Twentieth Century: A Conversation with Claire Zimmerman and Keith Mitnick
- From Bombay to Bollywood: The Making of a Global Media Industry: A Conversation with Aswin Punathambekar and Madhumita Lahiri