Associate Chair, Professor Alejandro Herrero-Olaizola with Students
Andrea Montoya, Argentina
Pão de Açúcar, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
WELCOME TO RLL!
With over 750 million global speakers, learning a Romance language opens doors in the global community. The communication, critical and creative thinking skills coupled with the global perspective that our program fosters, are invaluable to a variety of career paths such as business, law, education, medicine, government, the arts, and social work. Whether in Ann Arbor or Argentina, Spain, Italy or Brazil, our alumni have innumerable opportunities to make differences in the lives of others.
RLL students have the opportunity to study in diverse locations including Buenos Aires, Dakar, Rio de Janeiro, Granada, Ferrara, Paris, and many more. By providing insight into the social and intellectual life of other peoples, studying a Romance Language fosters humanistic attitudes and cultivates a spirit of tolerance and understanding.
RLL hopes to offer students an advantage in the global marketplace by offering new degree options in Portuguese.
- Alejandro Herrero-Olaizola Awarded Arthur F. Thurnau Professorship February 25, 2014
- Frieda Ekotto Receives 2014 Nicolás Guillén for Philosophical Literature Award February 18, 2014
- World War I Posters in the History of Visual Propaganda in France
Speaker: Ségolène Le Men
- The Mozart-DaPonte Trilogy of Masterpieces: Le nozze di Figaro, Don Giovanni and Cosi fan tutte
- Italy and the European Union: A Love/Hate Story in Three Acts
Speaker: Dario Gaggio