West Hall Arch
The Chair's Welcome
Our New Master's Students - Fall 2013
Our New PhD Students - Fall 2013
Bob Keener delivers the introduction of the Woodroofe Distinguished Seminar Series
Faculty at the Woodroofe Reception - Bin Yu Speaker
Professors Yu, He, Tewari, Zhu, Ionides, Levina and Nguyen
Celebrating September Birthdays
Susan Murphy and Liza Levina
Graduate Students Work the Grill
Vijay Nair receives the Deming Lecturer Award
Tim McKay gives lecture on Learning Analytics as part of the International Year of Statistics
Rida Naseem attends the 2014 Career Fair.
Millward Brown Digital
A representative (and Stats alum) speaks to a student during the 2014 Career Fair.
Professor Long Nguyen is congratulated on his NSF CAREER Award
Welcome to Michigan Statistics
Welcome to the Department of Statistics at U-M. We are part of the College of Literature, Science and the Arts. We have a fast-growing reputation as an international leader in statistical education and research. The 2010 National Research Council study placed us firmly in the top ten among all statistics departments in the US. We have a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs serving a wide spectrum of students. Many of our faculty members are renowned researchers who work on some of the most important problems of the day, including modeling and analyzing complex and high-dimensional data. Among them are a MacArthur Fellow (Susan Murphy), the current president of the International Statistical Institute (Vijay Nair), editors of leading statistics journals (Xuming He, George Michailidis and Naisyin Wang), and elected fellows of the American Statistical Association and the Institute of Mathematical Statistics. We continue to recruit the highest-quality faculty and students, and dedicate resources to producing leaders of the field for the next generation.
The MacArthur Fellowship recognizes 24 exceptionally creative individuals with a track record of achievement and the potential for even more significant contributions in the future.
- Susan Murphy elected to prestigious Institute of Medicine October 23, 2014
- Ji Zhu recognized as one of 27 most-cited researchers at The University of Michigan October 22, 2014
- Susan Murphy named Herbert E. Robbins Distinguished University Professor of Statistics July 23, 2014
- Statistics Department Hosted Seminar by Professor Ambuj Tewari:Shivani Agarwal, Statistical Learning in Complex Prediction Spaces: What Do We Know?
Speaker: Shivani Agarwal, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Automation, Indian Institute of Science
- Student Seminar Series: Prof. Brian Reich, A spectral method for spatial downscaling
Speaker: Brian Reich, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Depratment of Statisics, North Carolina State
- Department Seminar Series: Brian Reich, A spectral method for spatial downscaling
Speaker: Brian Reich, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Statistics, North Carolina State University