Science, Technology & Society at the University of Michigan
STS at the University of Michigan
The U-M Science, Technology & Society Program promotes education and scholarship on the social, political, and cultural dynamics of scientific knowledge, technological change, and medical research and practice. We feature an emphasis on international and global STS issues.
- Museum Technologies, Museum Transformations
- The Work of Diagrams, Translations from Factory to Hospital
Speaker: Joy Knoblauch, U-M School of Architecture and Urban Planning
- What Can STS Do for Africa that Marx Couldn't?
Speaker: Clapperton Mavhunga, Massachusetts Institute of Technoloyg
- Film event: Made in India
- Book signing: Armed with Expertise: The Militarization of American Social Science Research during the Cold War
Speaker: Joy Rodhe, Ford School of Public Policy
- Neither Donkey nor Horse: Medicine and the Struggle over China's Modernity
Speaker: Sean Hsiang-lin Lei, Institute of Modern History, Academia Sinica, Taiwan