Welcome to Sweetland
The Sweetland Center for Writing, a comprehensive writing center, exists to support student writing at all levels and in all forms and modes.
To accomplish this mission, Sweetland oversees the College of LSA’s First-Year and Upper-Level writing requirements, offers one-on-one tutoring for undergraduate and graduate students in our faculty-led Writing Workshop and undergraduate Peer Writing Center, and teaches writing courses from the 100 to the graduate level.
Sweetland provides support for all multilingual and international undergraduate students, offering a range of courses, special sessions at our Writing Workshop and Peer Writing Center, and peer-to-peer conversation groups.
In addition, Sweetland offers the Sweetland Minor in Writing, teaches and supports new media and multimodal forms of writing, and runs the invitational Dissertation Writing Institute and Sweetland Fellows Seminar. Sweetland offers consultations and workshops for instructors and students across the University, and conducts research on writing.
- Peer Writing Consultant Program Applications due March 24th February 21, 2014
- Should I Minor in Writing? Application Deadline March 24th February 20, 2014
- Peer Writing Consultant Zeinab Khalil honored with 2014 MLK Spirit Award February 7, 2014
- Academic Writing in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Disciplines
Speaker: Alan Hogg
- Sweetland Center for Writing - Minor in Writing Information Session
- Interactive Language-Learning Software Assistance for Multilingual Students
Speaker: Lori Randall