Welcome to Sweetland
The Sweetland Center for Writing, a comprehensive writing center, exists to support student writing at all levels and in all forms and modes.
To accomplish this mission, Sweetland oversees the College of LSA’s First-Year and Upper-Level writing requirements, offers one-on-one tutoring for undergraduate and graduate students in our faculty-led Writing Workshop and undergraduate Peer Writing Center, and teaches writing courses from the 100 to the graduate level.
Sweetland provides support for all multilingual and international undergraduate students, offering a range of courses, special sessions at our Writing Workshop and Peer Writing Center, and peer-to-peer conversation groups.
In addition, Sweetland offers the Sweetland Minor in Writing, teaches and supports new media and multimodal forms of writing, and runs the invitational Dissertation Writing Institute and Sweetland Fellows Seminar. Sweetland offers consultations and workshops for instructors and students across the University, and conducts research on writing.
- Sweetland Students Receive End of Year Awards April 18, 2014
- Writers Welcome: Peer Writing Consultants embrace academic diversity March 27, 2014
- Updated Peer Writing Center Locations: Angell Hall Re-opens March 26, 2014
- Open House: Working Effectively with Multilingual Writers in the University Classroom
Speaker: Lori Randall
- First-Year and Upper-Level Writing Prize Ceremony
- Minor in Writing Commencement