Welcome to Asian/Pacific Islander American Studies
Established in 1989, the Asian/Pacific Islander American (A/PIA) Studies program is one of three ethnic studies programs housed within the Department of American Culture. A/PIA offers interdisciplinary graduate and undergraduate courses focusing on the Asian American and Pacific Islander American experience. Our program also serves as a focal point for University research and teaching on Asian/Pacific Islander Americans, and our faculty provide resources for understanding A/PIA concerns and issues.
To get weekly updates on A/PIA Studies news and events, subscribe here!
Logo Design by Rachel Yung, A/PIA Studies Minor, Class of 2010
- Professor Scott Kurashige Interviewed on MSNBC About Grace Lee Boggs February 25, 2014
- The Department of American Culture Welcomes New Chair June Howard January 8, 2014
- Congratulations to Erica Gehringer December 13, 2013
- In the Light of Justice: The Rise of Human Rights in Native America
- What is Critical A/PIA Studies?