Welcome to Germanic Languages & Literatures
Graduate and undergraduate students will be guided by faculty with deep methodic training and experience in German and Comparative Literature, History, Political Science, Film Studies, Linguistics, Sociology, Philosophy, Business, and Music. Many of our faculty have joint appointments in corresponding departments—they are interdisciplinarians.
Our courses are wide-ranging, challenging, and just plain fun! Descriptions of each language program are available through the links above.
- Elizabeth Nijdam presents “Abstracted Autobiography: The Comics of Anke Feuchtenberger” March 20, 2015
- Johannes von Moltke - Talk on “Totalitarian Communication and the Critical Theory of Propaganda” March 20, 2015
- Johannes von Moltke delivers a paper on “The Anonymity of Siegfried Kracauer” March 20, 2015
- Colloquium Series - Kathleen Canning "Gender and the Imaginary of Revolution in Germany, 1918-19"
- 04:00 PM
- 2015 German Department Commencement Reception
- German Film Institute "The Futures of the Past: German Cinema and Its Media"
05/31/2015 - 06/06/2015;
- 10:00 PM