Tappan UMMA Panorama
Stephen Allee, curator at the Freer-Sackler museum in Washington DC, talks to Prof. Martin Powers' class about Chinese paintings.
Professor Raymond Silverman (R) with Yaw Amankwa, a master brasscaster from Krofrom, Ghana
The Visual Resources Collections staff assists with the image needs of the History of Art and wider university community.
Expand Your Worldview
Here we take a global and multicultural perspective to studying images and objects. Rigorous, cutting-edge, and inspiring, our program emphasises critical thinking, in-depth study, and an interdisciplinary curriculum. We invite you to learn more about History of Art and how it can transform your world.
- Prof. Christiane Gruber featured in Voice of America video February 11, 2014
- Ashley Miller and Alice Isabella Sullivan receive graduate student awards January 14, 2014
- My Summer Research: Alice Isabella Sullivan in Romania January 7, 2014
- Matthew Biro lecture, "Robert Heinecken’s Photograms"
Speaker: Matthew Biro
- Todd Cronan Lecture, "The Medium Has No Message: The (Non)Politics of Medium from Kandinsky to Benjamin"
Speaker: Todd Cronan
- Yasufumi Nakamori Lecture
Speaker: Yasufumi Nakamori