Welcome to the University of Michigan History Department. Please explore our website to learn about our graduate programs (including three joint degree programs), opportunities for undergraduates, and the wide variety of courses offered. The research fields of the ninety faculty members illustrate the exceptional breadth and depth of the department. If you have questions not answered here, please email email@example.com.
- Gabrielle Hecht quoted in Reuters story about Goldman Sachs selling its uranium trading desk. February 20, 2014
- Martha Jones article "Biracial, and also Black" is featured in CNN online. February 20, 2014
- Posted: Rebecca J Scott on "Connecting Thought and Action across Borders: The Challenges of Contemporary Slavery" February 19, 2014
- EIHS Lecture: "Materializing Papyrology"
Speaker: Roger Bagnall, New York University
- 06:00 PM
- EIHS Workshop: Papyri, Parchment, Potsherds
- 02:00 PM
- "A Pox on Your Law: Compulsory Vaccination and Its Critics in Progressive-Era America"
Speaker: Michael Willrich, Brandeis University