China specialist lecturing on "The Ghosts of 1900" ...
Oct. 1 lecture on how written artifacts activate emotion ...
Sept. 10 lecture audio now online ...
The Eisenberg Institute for Historical Studies, established in 2006 by a generous gift by Kenneth and Frances Aftel Eisenberg, provides a world-class forum for historical research and teaching.
- EIHS Special Event: "The Ghosts of 1900: The Brutal Boxer Rising and the Civilized World's Savage Revenge"
Speaker: Jeffrey N. Wasserstrom
- 02:30 PM
- EIHS Lecture: "Lives and Afterlives of 'El Negro Raúl': Racial Stories in Twentieth-Century Argentina"
Speaker: Paulina L. Alberto, University of Michigan
- EIHS Symposium: "Your Dissertation's Future (and What It Means for Writing Your Dissertation Now)"
- Undergraduate Career Workshop: "Putting History to Work"
- 07:30 PM
- EIHS Lecture: "Longing for a New Medina: State Power, Islam, and the Struggle for Pakistan in Late Colonial North India"
Speaker: Venkat Dhulipala, University of North Carolina Wilmington